Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sometimes sitches work better than glue

It took him 14 years, but he finally got stitches!

Last night Britt got a new jump rope to add to his ever growing work out equipment & as he was using a pocket knife to cut the plastic off of the jump rope, he cut his thumb instead! His timing was not the best, simply because the Instacare in town just closed. So we ended up in the emergency room! Kole didn't care too much for the part were the doctor was sewing Britt's thumb. Britt was o.k. with that part, he just didn't like the shot to numb his thumb!! Kole was kind enough to sing to Britt to try to help keep his mind off the pain. It was all very entertaining! The doctor also commented on how it sounded like I needed an oxygen tank or maybe even an overnight stay, but both Britt and Kole quickly let him know that overnight stays were not allowed during our brief trip to his world. I love my bugs! We miss Dave! Kole is hiding under the blanket in the first picture. She did finally get brave enough to come out & see what was going on. Four stithces later, we were released. Did I mention that I really miss Dave?!?! Single parents are my heroes!!! It is my humble opinion that single parents deserve a kingdom of their own. There really is a light at the end of this tunnel . . . . isn't there? Oh yea, we miss Dave!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

YUCK!!! I agree with Kole... I wouldn't like it either!

Happy Hausmans said...

Britt says: thanks, doni, i love ya! I remember when you got stitches on your eyebrow, it was kinda nasty!

Unknown said...

LOL... IT WAS REALLY NASTY! I might have those pics somewhere too! That'd put yours to shame! ;) we are both think about the softball incident right?

Unknown said...

I've actually had stitches in my eyebrows 3 times :O

Happy Hausmans said...

I think I will end my career with stitches here and now. Because of my thumb I won't be able to pitch for a while and that really stinks!